“No matter how you look at it, we’re all connected.”
Part of our mission is to educate emergency service personnel on what to do should a situation arise with a special needs person. Typically a concise video presentation is given after a brief introduction, with a follow-up discussion.
Presque Isle Fire Department:
March 15, 2016
Winchester Fire and Rescue:
Accomplishments and Activities in 2015
Scholl Community Impact Group
- Like us on Facebook: Scholl Community Impact Group
- Designed new brochures
- Check out our new website!
- L.U.H.S. Special Ed class and teachers came out to the farm to see firsthand horse therapy
- Sponsored two families to attend Wisconsin Autism Conference in Wisconsin Dells with featured speaker Temple Grandin
- Presentation to Lakeland Kiwanis Club in Minocqua, WI on how and what we do
- Sponsored speakers Pearl Thompson (Wisconsin Facets) and Andrea Newby (Family Living Educator) that spoke at The Waters about Autism 101 – Learn about bullying
- Held our annual Halloween Party at the farm with games on horseback, costumes and social time with the families
- Presentation about S.C.I.G. to Family Voices, this group covers the state of Wisconsin thanks to Iron City
- Participated in two 4th of July parades in Manitowish Waters and Mercer. This year we had the kids ride the float for the first time ever for them, and they had a wonderful social event
- Channel 12 did two programs on us, one letting people know what we do
- We took five horses and 16 volunteers to four camps at Camp AweSum in St. Germain WI. This year our hearts are full of joy to see the magic the horses bring to the kids and families
- Sponsored 12 walkers to Walk for Autism at the Kiwanis 5-10 walk because April is “Autism Awareness Month”
- Did a presentation at both the Hurley and Bessemer Schools
- Had a booth at both the Minocqua and Rhinelander Lifestyle Shows where we made contact with more of the public about our program
- Our 3rd Annual Fundraiser at Little Bohemia was a huge success – Thank You Everyone
- A scholarship was presented to a Special Needs Senior to be used towards college
- Participated in the Presque Isle Parade with a float and horses to show awareness of what we do. We won 3rd prize! It was a special social event for our kids.
- We welcomed five new students and families to our program
- Everyone at S.C.I.G. wants to say we are so thankful to all of you who believe in what we are doing. Priceless moments are happening, not only about horses but about life with Autism. Thank you for helping us be able to do what we do.
- Huge horsey and human thanks!
A NIGHT FOR KIDS!
Scholl Community Impact Group
at Little Bohemia Lodge
January 30, 2015 5:00PM
You are cordially invited to the fourth annual Scholl Community Impact Group benefit dinner on January 30th at Little Bohemia Lodge. Thank you to all who attended last year making it such a great success. Please check out our brochure to see how your donations helped special needs children! This year’s dinner ticket price is $50.00 per person and includes dinner, desert and an entry for a special door prize. All proceeds go to Scholl Community Impact Group with dinner donated by Little Bohemia. Seating is limited, so please reserve your ticket early. Scholl Community Impact Group is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, so all donations, including your dinner ticket price, are tax deductible. If you are unable to attend, all donations are greatly appreciated. A cash bar will begin at 5:00PM with dinner at 6:00PM, followed by picking the mystery door prize and a live auction. If you would like to donate items for the auction please indicate your gift on your RSVP. Your dinner ticket will be held for you at Little Bohemia Lodge until the night of the event.
- Please RSVP no later than January 23rd, seating is limited
- Please include ticket donation price ($50/person) with your RSVP
- All donations are tax deductible! All proceeds benefit Scholl Community Impact Group
- Mystery door prize raffle included with your dinner ticket!
- Dinner choices:
- Shrimp, bacon and asparagus in a cream sauce over parpadelle pasta
- Slow roasted prime rib served with hot au jus
- Blackened salmon served with lemon dill sauce
- Mediterranean chicken breast stuffed with spinach and feta cheese topped with pesto sauce
We hope to see you at the Scholl Community Impact Group
A Night for Kids!
For more information please contact Lenelle at 715-493-3534 or Nancy at 715-686-2201